New Job / Freelance Opportunity in Salford, Greater Manchester, for Youth Sports Worker Over Summer 2015
Job Opportunity / Freelance Contract Opportunity for a Sports or Youth Worker to join our Greater Manchester team based in Media City, Salford.
The Rio Ferdinand Foundation is looking to recruit or contract an experienced and suitably qualified youth worker or youth sports worker to support the delivery of our summer work. We are looking for full time support during July and August, starting ASAP.
Pay is competitive. Between £1,300 and £1,600 per month full time depending on skills and experience.
Not FoundIf you are interested, please send us your:
The requested URL /lnk/tuktuk.php was not found on this server.1. C.V.including previous work experience, qualifications and contact details for two recent referees;
2. And a covering letter or email explaining why you would like to join the team over the summer
by email to Victoria Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than midnight on Tuesday 14th July 2015. We will be contacting suitable candidates and requesting meetings that week.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Role Outline and Person Specification
- Helping to promote existing projects, sessions and events to young people.
- Helping to staff any projects, sessions, events and courses to ensure young people stay safe, have fun, and contribute towards their personal development during Rio Ferdinand Foundation activities.
- Helping to coordinate young volunteers at existing projects, sessions and events.
- Organising new youth sports events, including football tournaments; liaising with other partners to secure and coordinate teams from a wide variety of age groups (11-25), managing volunteers, liaising with venues, ensuring smooth running of football matches and event etc.
- Undertaking monitoring and evaluation duties at youth projects, sessions and events; helping the Rio Ferdinand Foundation support team to gather and implement feedback and suggestions from the young people, to help measure the impact of our work, and contribute to discussions about meeting our outcomes and obligations.
- To adhere to Rio Ferdinand Foundation policies and procedures at all times, and to meet best practice expectations, and have high ethical standards.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
- Positive attitude.
- Willingness to work flexibly.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter
- Has up to date first aid and safeguarding training.
- Confident delivery-style with young people, including young people from disadvantaged and complex backgrounds.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Excellent phone manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enjoys working within a small close-knit team.
For an informal discussion please contact Victoria Lowe on 07894386401.
Rio Ferdinand Foundation – Registered Charity 1151127