We’re recruiting a Programme Coordinator in Salford/Manchester
The Rio Ferdinand Foundation are recruiting a Programme Coordinator to support the delivery of our youth engagement programmes based in Salford and Manchester. The central focus of the role includes the implementation of our Big Lottery Reaching Communities programme, which includes coordinating a diverse range of youth-led initiatives. With key responsibilities around programme development, delivery and evaluation. The Programme Coordinator will also support the recruitment of employability Bootcamps and Traineeships alongside key sector partners and businesses. The Programme Coordinator will also develop and maintain positive relationships with project partners and stakeholders, ensuring young people are engaged in opportunities that are developmental, innovative and meaningful.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Co-ordinate the Youth Leaders Programme across Salford, Moss Side and Hulme. Leading motivational workshops to support young people to plan, fundraise, deliver and evaluate their own social action project.
- Work with a variety of target groups including NEET/ at-risk of NEET young people by providing mentoring to support their personal, social and educational development.
- Recruit NEET young people for employability bootcamps/traineeships
- Helping to monitor and evaluate project achievements in line with the fundersreporting guidelines and requirements.
- Supporting the Programme Manager to source and assist facilitators within a rangeof accredited and non-accredited training for young people within an enrichmentclass/youth-work setting.
- Assist the Programme Manager in the development of new projects, new/existingpartnerships.
- Raising local profile of the Youth Leaders programme and our employability traineeships/bootcamps.
- Assist the Programme Manager in the supervision and line management of sessional staff and professional mentors.
- Source and refer young people onto progression pathways within either further volunteering, training, employment or enterprise.
- Programme Coordinator will support our Programme Officer within their communication and administration responsibilities.KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide practical, empathetic support and encouragement to influence positive change within young people through mentoring and group work which advances and improves achievement and supports young people to realise their potential.
- Facilitate the participation of young people in the planning, fund raising and delivery of youth-led sports, arts or media projects.
- Devise appropriate and sensitive action plans to support young people through each stage of their developmental journey including 1-2-1 meetings, focused groups, emails/phone calls, home visits etc.
- Support the Programme Manager to lead talks, attend recruitment fairs, meetings etc. to promote programmes such as employability Bootcamps and Traineeships.
- Carry out administration tasks e.g. registration/parental consent forms, updatingRFF’s online system, sessional timesheets, ensuring the RFF system is updatedconsistently and in a timely manner.
- Ensure the maintenance of internal electronic and hard copy information systemsthat record relevant outcomes and support the requirements of funders.
- Undertake supervision of Programme Officer and RFF sessional staff/volunteers
- Continue to identify young peoples’ issues that are affecting their ability to maximizetheir potential. Initiate and sustain programmes of support that assist young peopleto overcome barriers.
- Work with Programme Manager and colleagues to design programmes of work thatare focused on the achievement of funders targets.
- Ensure compliance with RFF polices in relation to health and safety, equal
Not Foundopportunities and working with volunteers and young people. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work flexibly where appropriate on evening, weekends and during school holidays to ensure full and supportive delivery if the programme.
- Work with Programme Manager to deliver programmes within budget/timescales
- Undertake new training to develop work related skills and knowledge
- Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolvingobjectives of the post and the evolution of the Foundation, as may reasonably berequested by the Programme Manager.
- Work with due regard for RFF’s core values and objectives
The requested URL /lnk/tuktuk.php was not found on this server.• Ensure the effective implementation of, and adherence to RFF’s Equal Opportunities, Child Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Have two years’ experience of overseeing and delivering youth work programmes across multiple sites.
- Have an excellent knowledge in relation to social issues and challenges faced by young people and communities across Greater Manchester.
- Have an understanding of the sport for development and youth work sectors
- Have experience in facilitation, monitoring and evaluating projects and demonstratean understanding and experience of managing information.
- Evidence a skills base in networking and building alliances/new partnerships with thevoluntary and statutory sectors.
- Evidence an ability to manage and coordinate sessional staff and volunteers
- Clearly demonstrate an ability to build relationships and deliver high quality activitiesto young people.
- Express a willingness to work out of office hours including weekends, evenings andsome bank holidays if needed.
- Excellent communication skills, able to use initiative and manage multiple work loads
- Proactive, resilient and able to work well within a close-knit team
- Car driver and clean drivers’ license (desirable)How to apply:If you’re interested in the above role please email your CV and cover letter (max 2 pages) explaining your suitability in line with the person specification to Victoria@rioferdinandfoundation.com by the 5th of May 2017.
Successful applicants will be contacted and interviews will take place the week beginning on the 11th of May 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you.